A life recorded is twice precious - first the experience itself and then the memory of it full and sweet when we read about it later.
Elaine Cannon

Friday, February 12, 2010

Once Upon A Time............

      When I was a little girl, long long ago all of my favorite story books began with the words Once Upon A Time     Right now I am starting a new blog, with a new name, new look and a few new ideas so I though why not........I will write about my favorite pass time which is decorating my little cottage with vintage treasures I have picked up at thrift stores.  Through the years I have collected many old  family items that are full of memories that I would like to share.  Of course I will have a few pictures of family and friends scattered here and there and a picture of Sir Winston you will find among the pages of my life. 
       I have been truly blessed through the years but in November of last year my husband Charlie was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and what I though was normal every day life has changed.for us.  I would like to share just a little of the journey we are on in hope that it may help others.  My blog will be up beat because that is the way we are living our life on a daily basis.    Charlie's attitude is wonderful and that helps us both cope with  learning all about cancer, chemo, hair loss and all that goes along with the deseas.     I also feel that by thinking about my blog and taking pictures to share  with you  will help me the care giver to think about some something other then the cancer.    So that is how it is now  --  -- and I can share with you how thing were once upon a time.  
   I love pictures of roses which will be scattered among the pages and also pictures of  children of yesterday.   I hope to share my journey with you, laugh with you and get to know all of you.   Thank you for the visit and I hope to have you read my story which will begin with Once Upon A time
                                                                                                Love to all,    Sharon K
                                                                                                 

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Hi Sharon,
It is very nice to meet you. I came by way of Patti's blog. Blogging can be so fun and is a good way to take your mind off hard reality occasionally. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Valerie

Carole Burant said...

Hi Sharon!!! Omigosh, I didn't know you had started a new blog? I'm so glad you came to visit me, so I was able to follow you here:-) I've really missed you and your posts so I hope you're back into blogging now? Facebook just isn't the same, is it. I just love the look of your new blog, beautiful!! xoxo